Blogger Layouts

Sunday, June 7, 2009

Graduation Day

After 2 long years of blood, sweat and tears... graduation finally arrived. It was a nice ceremony at the Provo Tabernacle. But, it was even better to feel that sense of accomplishment and know that we were officially finished.

As I look back, it is amazing to realize that our life has really been in a holding pattern for the last two years. Taylor was 4 months old when I started school- he is now 2 1/2. Jessica was still in preschool- she is now going into the 2nd grade. And Kelsi, due to being the oldest, has been the one that really missed having a full time mom around. Thankfully, we have been able to pull together as a family and get through all that nursing school has entailed.

I really have to give credit where it is due though... Ryan has been my rock through all of this. He has laughed with me, cried with me, listened to me vent, helped me to study, cleaned the house and taken care of the kids alone for numerous hours- I think that he has seen what it would be like to be single. Thankfully, after all that, he is still here and together we are stronger then we were before we began.

It has been a long two years that went by quickly. And as I approached that stand to gain my diploma it really hit me that we are closing this chapter in our lives only to open a new one. Like all chapters of our lives, the pages are blank and waiting for us to fill them. I am so thankful that I get to write them with my wonderful husband and children and that together we know we can accomplish anything... we made it through nursing school after all.

Outside the tabernacle

My incredible husband

My nursing school buddies- Never would have guessed that I would make lifelong friends during school- but these two have been a real blessing

Getting my diploma
(OK, so it's just a quote and the real thing comes in the mail but hey I'm done!)

2 comments:

Our family said...

Congratulations! That is a huge accomplishment. I can't imagine making school work with three young kids. You're much braver than I would be. So now what? Full-time work? Part-time work? A trip to Hawaii?

Stephanie Greenwood said...

I wish we were going on a trip- however, we need insurance so it's off to find a full time job- our current insurance expires on July 1... LOL no pressure!