Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, June 14, 2011

In Loving Memory of Grandma Dot



As per my brother's request, I am posting pictures and thoughts from my Grandma Dot's funeral today. Above is the digital copy of the program. It was a beautiful program. My favorite part was when my Dad gave a life sketch- he said that he couldn't really do a life sketch for Grandma because her life was more of a mural that each of us have added to. He went on to describe different "brush strokes" that had occurred in Grandma's life. Elder Hafen talked about Grandma's conviction to the gospel. He talked about special talks they had in the last few days of her life. His comment was that he has never known someone more ready and more excited to meet our Heavenly Father. My Grandma's life was full of service to others. It was mentioned numerous times how she was able to make everyone around her feel welcome and loved. The spirit was strong and there is no doubt that Grandma is now with Grandpa Garn.


The Girls before the funeral- looking very grown up...




I know she looks pale and her hair isn't all done up- but Grandma requested that she look natural and didn't want it any differently.






The roses off to the side were placed by all of the grandchildren present. I think it was a very fitting way to say good-bye. In all the day went well. I am so sad to know that Grandma Dot is gone- I will miss her so very much- but I know that she's happy where she is and she deserves to be there with Grandpa Garn.

Life is so short and we never know at what point we will no longer be here on Earth. Today has further emphasized to me that we need to live each day to the fullest and we need to love those around us just a little bit more and hug them just a little bit longer.

With that in mind, we are off to play with our kids- just like Grandma would want us to....

No comments: