Blogger Layouts

Saturday, November 8, 2008

Only Four More Years...

When I heard this story, I couldn't stop laughing... it's amazing the insightful things our children can come up with.
The girls have been participating in the elections through school and Ryan and I had been talking to them about the political process and why we were voting in certain ways. Fast forward to the day after the election... Jessica was at my mom's house that morning waiting for the bus. She was in mom's den, feeding the fish, when she turned and said, "Grandma, I'm sad" My mom immediately asked her why and this was her response- "I just don't know if I can last through the next four years!" A little confused my mom questioned her further and discovered that she was (in her words), "very concerned about the next four years with Barrack Obama as the president" She left the room stating, as she shook her head, "I guess it's only four more years" My mom said that she couldn't help but laugh and my brother, who was in the room at the time, has decided this will be his new slogan in life, "It's only four more years..."

2 comments:

Chad and Becky said...

LOL! I was totally thinking the same thing.... well and some other things but that would need to be edited. Kids are so insightful! I love it.

Anonymous said...

It will certainly be an interesting 4 years.

Amazing what kids pick up on...my oldest two were grumbling in the car the other day because Obama won. Sometimes I forget how much they listen....

I don't want to taint their views of our future president. My hopes are that he will surprise us...in a good way.