Blogger Layouts

Thursday, November 20, 2008

I am so very Thankful...

I love this time of year. It has cooled off and the leaves are beautiful, it's football season and the holidays force us to take time out of our busy schedules to spend more time with those that we love. (just don't forget the football :O) So, true to the holiday, today I want to share those "little" things in my life that I am thankful for- keep in mind that although they may be small, my world would be unbearable without...
the "Love you"s I get from Taylor
the fact that I cannot remember the last time I had to do laundry
the girls clean room, well at least they're trying harder
the joy on my kids face when I give them a treat
the "mom, wait, I need a hug before you leave"
the thank yous, welcomes, and pleases that my kids say without thinking
the way my kids love to play with each other
the "boo" I get when ever I go to get Taylor from his nap
the text message from Ryan that simply says, "I love you"
the smiles on my girls faces when they bring home good grades
the help that Kelsi gives me with Taylor when I am tired
the words "I'm proud of you" every time I see my Dad
the way that Jessica plays hide and seek with Taylor
the way that dinner suddenly appears on a plate next to me when I am busy studying
the fact that my kids are always clean and well taken care of- even though I'm not sure how they got that way
the Sunday dinner that my Mom lovingly prepares each week for all of us
the fact that my brother is willing to leave weird messages on my face book wall
the home that we live in... it may be small and messy but there is love between the walls
the "mom, can we talk" the I hear from Kelsi
the squeals of delight from Taylor when I pick him up from the babysitters
the "mom guess what I did today" that Jessica always says
the smack on the head from the remote on Sunday morning because Taylor got past Ryan's defenses and snuck into my room to find me
all of the "I love you"s that I get to hear because I am lucky enough to be their Mommy

2 comments:

Krista said...

Seriously?! That made me cry! Thanks for reminding me about all the small things we have to be thankful for. You did forget to put having me as a friend though...lol

Anonymous said...

Awe!! I love this....made me think of more things that I love....(but I guess that is the point, right??)