Blogger Layouts

Friday, April 30, 2010

Most Definately a 'Tween



Today is our Kelsi's birthday. It amazes me that she is getting so old- and in turn making me even older! 11 years ago I went into the hospital a little scared and quite unsure of exactly what we were getting into- however, at that point I just didn't want to be pregnant anymore. By the end of the day, we had this beautiful dark haired little baby girl.
Kelsi was born at exactly 11:30PM- I will never forget the time because when she took her first breath and started crying, the theme song to the old show "Married with Children" started playing- you know the song, "Love and marriage, love and marriage, go together like a horse and carriage..." The TV had been left on from earlier in the night when Ryan was watching a Jazz playoff game.
Kelsi has been an absolute joy in our lives and we couldn't be happier with the young lady she is turning into. She has officially reached that 'Tween age and it has really started to show. Girlfriends and giggling is fast becoming commonplace in our home. So are texting, cell phones, crying, leg shaving, and begging to wear make-up... oh what we get ourselves into as parents!!
I know this is just the start of things to come and I really am looking forward to it- sometimes I just wish I could hold that little baby girl one more time and cherish her just a bit longer.

1 comment:

Our family said...

Happy birthday Kelsi! I remember going to visit her 11 years ago.

I love that you put her baby picture up. It's amazing to see how people look just like they did as babies, but when they're babies, we can't see what they're going to end up looking like.

Oh, btw, I'm thinking about shaving my legs too. How exciting.