Blogger Layouts

Monday, December 17, 2012

Marty's Multiple Day Post

Sorry... between work and finishing everything up so that I can have surgery, I haven't updated the blog with Marty's antics. So, here they are now that I have a few minutes. I put them in the same order as the blog so they follow the correct order.

Last night, a new friend came home from the North Pole with Marty. To the relief of all the Greenwood children, Santa is ahead of schedule (according to Marty's letter) and he asked Marty to bring some of the Christmas presents back to our home. Marty needed help so he brought his good friend Peppermint Stick the dog home with him. Santa said that Peppermint Stick can stay as long as Taylor continues to be good. The kids were also quick to notice that none of the presents have any names on them... I sure hope that Santa knows who gets what!



Ginger and George Gingerbread must have been missing baking in the North Pole kitchen. They made the kids these HUGE gingerbread cookies and then left everything for them to decorate them. Needless to say, the kitchen was a bit of a mess after all that decorating, but the kiddos had a great time doing it and Taylor has been eating his in small sections for a few days now.




Today the kids had been playing the Wii entirely too much. Marty must have decided that he was tired of the games that they had so he brought one of his own and was caught playing it this morning. The game is based on the old movie "Santa Claus is Coming to Town." Leave it to Marty to find a Wii game for Christmas time...



I think that Friday was a very sad day in our country with the shooting of teachers and children in an elementary school. It made me pause and give thanks for the kids in my life and the safety that we take for granted in our very sheltered community. I hope that these events are never repeated again, however, I feel that they are becoming more and more common. The story was all over the news and Facebook was alive with comments, tears and shock. The realization that this happened so close to a holiday that is the joy of children's little lives, was beyond comprehension for me.

As my thoughts turned towards the holiday season and the families affected by this tragedy, I had to give thanks for my belief in a Savior that came here to save us from ourselves. I am so very thankful that I do not have to judge the man that chose to act in such a horrible way- there is no way that I could ever judge him in a fair way and take into consideration all the factors that led him to make this horrible decision. Again my thoughts turned towards Christmas and the true reason that we celebrate this time of year.

Marty must have felt my concern and pain and his thoughts also turned towards the Savior at this special time of year. Taylor found Marty on top of the manger with his arms outstretched towards the baby Jesus. It was almost as if Marty wished that he could just hold that little baby for a few minutes and find comfort and understanding in this tragedy.

No comments: