Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

My adventure

Those of you that see me often will appreciate an update on this one... for the last couple of weeks I have been passing another kidney stone- last count, this is number eleven. I gave in and finally made an appointment with the Urologist. By the time the appointment came, I had been running a fever, had intense pain, and was not urinating as often or as much as I should.
Off to the appointment we go... the Urologist has the nerve to tell me that he doesn't think it's a kidney stone but maybe a dislocated rib. I was so angry... so, bless my patient mother, off to the regular doctor we go.
He takes an x-ray and confirms that I have dislocated ribs and need to go to a physical therapist to have them fixed.
Bless my mother again because instead of waiting to get an appointment, she takes me to her PT and asks if they can fix me... they work me in! The PT applied some tortures to my body and low and behold, I can breathe again!
By now, I know you are all thinking that the kidney stone was a figment of my enormous imagination. Well, all I can figure is that the PT did enough rearranging that he broke it loose... I passed it two days later, urinated out all the blocked up blood and now feel a hundred times better.
For those that are curious, yes I did catch it, it was the size of a piece of rice. No, I am not taking it to the Urologist... he thinks I'm nuts anyways!

5 comments:

Our family said...

yeah, I think you should get rid of your kidneys. Either that or start naming the stones so you feel like they're an accomplishment, you know like we name our children to make us like them more. :)

Stephanie Greenwood said...

I told Ryan I was going to donate the left one- he laughed and said, "they won't take it" talk about spousal support!

Kim said...

Oh, man! Sucks to be you! :(

Denae said...

Stupid kidneys! I am glad you are finally feeling better.

Krista said...

What do urologists know anyway?! They deal with pee...oh and kidneys. But we have two of them so they can mess one up and still be ok. What kind of doctor gets a second chance anyways?! Urologists...Hmph!