Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, January 21, 2009

New Job

I found out today that I have been officially hired to work as an LPN! I'm really excited to start using my skills and getting experience working as a nurse. It's so nice to realize how much I will be getting paid and think that school is actually going to start paying off!
So the details... I will be working the day shift (no more sleepless nights) at Orchard Park Rehab. It's a rehab and and a rest home. Then have a really good reputation and some of my friends from school already work there. I have been hesitant to work in a retirement home but I think this is a great one and that it will provide lots of good experience for me. The best part is that I will now be able to work less hours and make more money! This will help tons next semester when I am doing my capstone hours. (for those that aren't in nursing- a capstone is when the student follows around one nurse for a set amount of hours, mine happens to be 160 hours)
I am really sad to be leaving all of the many friends that I have made at the hospital. The nice thing is knowing that it really is only a temporary thing because I will be an RN in 4 months. So here's to life's changes and the new adventures that come with them!

3 comments:

Chad and Becky said...

Congrats! You will be missed but the change and experience will be good for you!

Keep in touch!

Our family said...

That's awesome, congratulations! More money is never a bad thing, especially with a crappy economy.

Anonymous said...

I want to scream "YES" and "NO" at the same time. I guess that would be "YOOOOOOOOOOO!!"

I am REALLY going to miss you...but I know this is better for you and your family.

At least we still have blogging and facebook.

Whew!