Blogger Layouts

Monday, January 19, 2009

Really... am I that old?!?

I always have to laugh when my kids imply that
I am older than dirt!
The other day I was typing a paper for school on my laptop. Jessica sat down next to me and said, "wow mom, you can type really fast!" Kelsi intervened at this point and said, "Jessica (patronizing voice) she types that fast because when she was little all they had were typewriters!" I started laughing and said, "you think so?" Kelsi replied, "well, yea, you're old!" This cracked me up as I once again reminded my children that
I am really not THAT old
and did indeed have computers when I was in school. Kelsi then stated,
"maybe, but they were HUGE!"
I give up... pick out my casket... apparently, I lived in the time of the dinosaurs...
sigh.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I remember those big ole' computers (and the typewriters)

We can be old together. :)