Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, December 8, 2009

Christmas At Our Home

My favorite time of year is finally here! I love the love and warmth that comes with the Christmas season. I also love all of the traditions that we have. One of them is to go to the Festival of Trees. This is a huge fundraiser for Primary Children's Hospital. People decorate and donate Christmas trees and they are then auctioned off to raise funds. I took the kids and my mom this year. It was, as always, amazing. I love that our community does this each year for such a worthy cause. Kelsi's 5th grade class decorated 2 trees this year and both of them sold in the auction. She was very excited to find her trees and to point out which ornaments she had made. It was great for her to see her hard work pay off.
As to our own Christmas tree- we have two. One is the family tree which has all of the kids decorations that they have made. The other is "Mommy's tree". I changed the theme of my tree this year to, what else, Mickey Mouse. I have to say that I do love this tree and I think the theme will be around for a few years! It makes me happy to look at it and remember all of the fun that we have as a family at Disneyland. Hopefully, we will be going back soon.
Another thing to mention this post is Kelsi's play. Our school has a wonderful 4-H program with after school clubs. This semester, Kelsi chose to be in the drama club. After a lot, and I mean a lot of really hard work, the kids put on a play called "Cowboys and Mummies". Kelsi had one of the leading roles as Dotty Com. It was very cute and she had a great time. Our little drama queen is quite the actress...Life is great around our home. And I hope that it is for your family as well. This is a wonderful time of year and we are very thankful for how blessed we are. We are trying hard amid all of the presents and candy to teach our children the true meaning of Christmas. On our family card this year I put one of my favorite quotes from the Grinch- it is one lesson that I hope my children can really learn.

No comments: