Blogger Layouts

Tuesday, December 1, 2009

Moving and Getting Settled

Thanksgiving morning dawned bright and clear and Ryan and I decided to just get it done and move that day. I know, I know that's a horrible day to move- but everyone that helped received the gift of burning off calories BEFORE dinner! One of the major advantages of moving WAY too many times is that I really know how to pack and we were able to get everything in one load (OK 1 big trailer and about 4 cars full) So now we are all moved in, boxes are mostly unpacked and the pictures are being hung up. The best part about this whole thing is the amount of room we have! Going from an 1100 sq foot condo to a 2600 sq foot two story home really makes me appreciate all the sacrifices that my family made for me so that I could go to Nursing school. Thankfully, that part of our life is over and we are now reaping the rewards.

The kids (especially Taylor) don't know quite what to do with all of this space. Tag and hide and seek have become a favorite pass time! Kelsi and Jessica have their own space and separate rooms! This is making for a lot less fighting and much cleaner rooms. Kelsi even has her own bathroom- she is already turning into a tween and obsessing about hair etc.

I guess that I just have to say that this Thanksgiving I have a lot to be thankful for. The new home has really made me realize just how much we have accomplished in the last two years. It was very difficult but I am very thankful for the challenge and improvement in our lives. We made it through in one piece. All of our kids are alive and happy and Ryan and my relationship is stronger than ever.

I am looking forward to the holidays in our new home. Both trees are already up and the kids are very excited that we have a fireplace for Santa to come down! I can't help but be thankful for all that I have and the many blessings that occur in our life. I posted a picture of the home- it's off Google maps (I haven't found the camera yet!)

1 comment:

Marshall, Nany, Eli and Lydia said...

sweet! Where did you guys move to guys? -Marshall