Blogger Layouts

Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Stones and Bones...

So last week was... well, let's just say miserable. I spent the week trying to pass a kidney stone (yes, again for those who know me well). So, between work on Sat and Sun and school classes on Mon, Thurs and Fri, I ended up in the ER 2x for pain management. Ryan would like to point out here that if I would just keep the pain under control I might not have to go to the ER- spoken like someone who has never had a kidney stone LOL! Not to mention the fact that I don't function well, let alone have the ability to drive while taking pain meds. Anyways- the good news is that I passed the stone after a full week of torture on Sat at 3:13AM. Well, that covers the stones of my story... on to the bones.
On Sat, we had a roller skating party for Kelsi's 9th b-day (thankfully the stone had passed). Well, near the end of her party, she fell and broke a bone in her hand- Yes, we went back to the doctor. Thankfully, InstaCare deals with bones. The doctor is telling us they can't do much. So, we wrap it when it hurts and TRY to keep her from causing more damage to it. The doctor did tell us that bones in the hand heal quickly in kids and it is only a small break- thank goodness for small miracles, right. So, Kelsi thinks she is going to a friends roller skating b-day party this weekend... I haven't decided if I want to deal with that again.
They say that bad things happen in three's. Do I get to count going to the ER 2x as 2 of the 3? If so, we are so done ;O)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I've already heard both these stories...but you tell them so well. I hope Kelsi's hand heals quickly (though this weekend might be pushing it!) Thank heavens your kidney stone passed -- you looked SO miserable at work. (I can't believe you even came!)

Here's hoping that 3 is a crowd and you are done for a while!