Blogger Layouts

Sunday, June 1, 2008

Jessica's Kindergarten Graduation





Jessica graduated from Kindergarten on Friday. It's hard to believe that she is getting so big. The kindergarten kids had put together a cute program with a bunch of songs. It was short and sweet- exactly how I like them! Jessica is very excited to now be able to call herself a 1st grader. I found some of the comments her principal made very interesting- Jessica is part of the graduating class of 2020. She is also in the first class born after 9/11. The principal also said that this is the largest group of kindergarteners that they have had in a very long time and the largest age group in the school. It was a cute program so I included some pics of her during the songs and then after with her diploma and with her teacher.
I would also like to take a moment to brag about my older daughter... Kelsi came home on the last day of school with a certificate and says, "my teacher gave this to me." I don't think she realized what it was. The certificate is congratulating her on scoring in the top 10% in the nation of third graders on her cumulative third grade exams. She was in the top overall as well as in math and reading. Makes me proud to be the mom to such a smarty pants :o)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! Our kids are growing up so dang fast! I told my oldest three today that they needed to start slowing down...because I needed them to be little...they thought that was pretty funny.

Your kids are adorable...still going to have to meet them in person someday!

Congrats to Jessica...and Kelsi!