Blogger Layouts

Friday, June 27, 2008

Taylor's Potty Story


I know, I know, it has been way too long since I last posted. Sorry, life has been crazy between finals and then starting a new term. The good news is that I passed all of my classes with the lowest grade being a B+.

Enough about school and on to my story... the other day I was sitting on the couch and Taylor says "potty"- I looked at him kind of funny (I know this because he gets mad when I look at him this way- I should just know what he wants, right?) So, he goes running up the stairs and of course, I followed. Needless to say he wanted to use the toilet. I proceeded to take off his diaper and put him on the toilet. He sat there and grunted and grunted- it was adorable. When he got off he was soooo proud of himself... until he looked into the toilet and realized that he had only grunted. This made him very angry and he stomped out of the bathroom. I was laughing so hard by this time that I think it just made it worse for him but it was pretty cute! I'm hoping that this means that he understands the whole toilet thing and maybe he will potty train early. However, he's going to have to learn to do more than just grunt.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

You mean grunting won't work? Dang!!!

I have a funny story for you. Last night Harrison farted in the tub...about scared him to death! I told him what he had done...and then pulled him out of the tub to sit on the potty. He FREAKED OUT! There was no way he was sitting on that potty. He didn't want to get back in the tub either! (I finally convinced him that the tub was a good idea after all).

So all I can say is...where is MY childs enthusiasm for the potty? LOL

Denae said...

Both of these stories crack me up.

Good luck with potty training. I was not good at it either time. so I am not even going to pretend to give you pearls of wisdom