Blogger Layouts

Saturday, December 6, 2008

Festival of Trees

I love this time of year. One of my all time favorite things to do is to go to the Festival of Trees. The trees always amaze me and the event in itself is a truly incredible one; every tree is donated, every tree is purchased at an astronomical price, and every penny, including admission, is donated to Primary Children's Hospital. I can't think of a more worthy cause, especially at this time of year. I had the opportunity to create one of these trees a few years ago and it takes a huge amount of time and effort but it was all worth it. So, onto the pictures...

The girls with a Disney tree- one of my favorites of course


The girls with a full size Mr. Grinch


The sign next to the Grinch, a quote from the movie- I just might have to make one of these (after school, of course)





The statues this year were amazing- I especially loved the one of Mr. and Mrs. Claus dancing- This is how I have always imagined them


This is a gingerbread house, It was absolutely amazing! I could not believe the detail and size of it. I had never seen anything like it before. Wouldn't be amazing to have that kind of a talent?



And finally, Twilight trees for all of the fans out there. The one was cool because it was a Cullen Christmas and had presents under the tree for each of the Cullens.

Hope you enjoyed the pics- have a Happy Season!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow! I forget how elaborate the trees are....truly an AMAZING thing to attend.

That gingerbread castle is unbelievable....how would you even transport that?

Chad and Becky said...

That looked like a lot of fun!!! I wish I was there. They really do an amazing job and so creative!