Blogger Layouts

Friday, December 9, 2011

Marty's mischief and Jessica's Penguin Cake

Jessica is having her 10th birthday party tonight. I am having a hard time believing that my second child is now into the double digits. I wish I could just freeze them but they keep getting bigger.

Marty is super excited about the party. He decorated the great room for us last night. Taylor thought it was just "amazing". When I asked him how Marty hung the balloons so high up, he told me, "Timmy is a reindeer and can fly!" Of course, what ever was I thinking??? 2 pics today- one of Marty and friends in their mess and the other of the great room all decorated. We're doing a penguin theme- hence the black, white and silver balloons.
I decided to attempt a fondant cake for Jess's b-day party. We will be watching "Mr. Popper's Penguins" for the party so I went with a penguin theme. I found a recipe for marshmallow fondant- not only does it taste better than normal fondant, but it is also a lot more forgiving. Here is my creation- I'm hoping that Jessica and her friends love it. And yes, it is supposed to be topsy turvy like that.

No comments: